Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Game Journalism Day 1 - Basics - Raft

Basics
Raft is a survival game, the character is stuck on a small raft in the middle of nowhere. The goal of the game is to collect debris, expand the raft and stay alive.



Currently, in the game, I have slightly expanded my raft and collected many resources. I made several tools such as the Building Hammer, Fishing Pole, and Paddle. I also made Bed and a Research Table that allows me to learn how to make more items.

How To Collect Debris
1. Use the Grapple Hook, throw by holding Left Mouse Button and then hold Left Mouse Button again to reel it in.



2. Press "E" when debris is close to the raft to lift it with your hands.



My Raft & Game Info
1. 3x3 Raft with Bed and Resource Table.



2. There are many types of debris in the game. Wood Planks are essential as they are involved in making the majority of items, such as a Bed and Resource Table. Plastic is good for making tools such as a Paddle, Grapple Hook, and Cup. Leaves are good for making Rope. Barrels are the best type of debris as they give multiple resources.



3. Shark bites parts of the raft off every few minutes.



Death
I died because I went into the water to retrieve debris and the shark attacked me. To avoid this, I need to remain on my raft and use the Grapple Hook or my hands to retrieve debris.

No comments:

Post a Comment