Monday, January 7, 2019

Game Journalism Play 1 - Raft

1. What did you specifically do?
I retrieved my items that were floating on the ocean using Plastic Hook and pressing "E" for items that are nearby. I checked my inventory are located materials required for specific items. For example, to make the bed, it required 10 palm leaves, 6 planks, 4 plastic and 3 nails. I collected these materials with the Plastic Hook and crafted them into a bed. I made a Fishing Hook to retrieve food and an Empty Cup to retrieve water. 

2. What did you learn about how to play the game?
This is a survival game and I need to find resources, explore and improve my raft to survive. The Plastic Hook is essential and used to retrieve items. The Building Hammer is used to develop the raft. There is a shark under the raft that bites off parts of the raft and bites your character if you jump into the water. Important shortcuts include, "I" to open and close the Inventory, and the scroll wheel to switch between items.

3. What strategies are you going to try to focus on tomorrow?
Tomorrow, I will try to use my Paddle and Throwable Anchor to explore islands in the world. Try to find a way to get rid of the shark. Make a Resource Table, to make use of the blueprints and a Storage as my Inventory is filling up.

4. Picture of Raft.



No comments:

Post a Comment